Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bienvenidos a Mi Casa y Jardin!

Please forgive me for the long wait... you have all been so patient with me.

When I say the Lord is good, I mean it.  He's so faithful.

I can almost hear God saying, "I told you I would give you a place far greater than all you could hope or imagine!"



Just up the hill from the old place...


I finally feel like the Lord is settling me at home here!




The Lord has truly delivered me from wandering and has secured me in a "promised land" of sorts here in the DR.  And not only that, like a modern day twist of what the Israelites experienced, He has brought me to a place fully furnished, complete with dishes and kitchen items, and a garden I did not plant (Deuteronomy 8:7-10).  
Take a look at the inside of my place...


La Cocina

                                     El Baño                                                            Mi Cuarto



Un Cuarto Extra 


El Cuarto de Familia


While I was praying on the roof at the old place, I remember crying and telling God how I would so miss our time together up on the roof overlooking the ocean... well... look where He planted me...



Slightly further back on the hillside, but same beautiful view! 



Down the stairs...



And what's to the side of the house? Oh, just the most luscious garden I've ever seen...




The Hymn, "In the Garden," always comes to mind...


"I come to the garden alone while the dew is still on the roses..."



"And the Voice I hear falling on my ear the Son of God discloses..."



"And He walks with me and He talks with me and He tells me I am His own..."



"And the joy we share as we tarry there none other has ever known"



"He speaks and the sound of His Voice is so sweet the birds hush their singing..."



"And the melody that He gave to me within my heart is ringing..."



"And He walks with me and He talks with me and He tells me I am His own..."




"And the joy we share as we tarry there none other has ever known"


I can enjoy it all while eating breakfast at the kitchen table...


Every door and window have bars on them for security and there's a guard every night... AND my dear friend and her new husband just moved in downstairs! I'm truly blessed and so undeserving of this gift.  

Yet most importantly, the Lord has delivered me into a home of rest.  This is a place I can seek shelter in Him from the overwhelming emotions of the mission field.  

"The Lord your God is providing you a place of rest and will give you this land." Joshua 1:13

Yes, the Lord spoke this scripture to me in the process of moving... I'm telling you, He has spoken so clearly to me through this difficult journey in His Word.

I already have friends and family wanting to visit me and the Lord has so timely provided me with a place to house them.  My parents and sister were just here for 11 days and it was perfect... well, it's still the Dominican... cold showers (if we have water), no air conditioning, and a variety of creepy crawlies and sounds in the night... but I love it here!

I will write soon about the amazing time I had with my parents and sister... until then, "Hasta Luego"!

2 comments:

  1. Lauren...I smiled while reading your post. My heart is so happy for you and I know you are exactly where God wants you to be. He is so good and he provides so well!! He loves you SO VERY MUCH! It just shows again and again how if we give to him he gives back to us more abundantly than we could ever imagine! *HUGS* =)
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praising God with you!
    Julie at: oatmealonthewall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete