Saturday, May 6, 2017

La Liberation de France

My second week abroad found us in the northern region of Normandy.  This particular region is known for its camembert and pont l’eveque cheeses, drinks such as calvados and cidre fermier, salted caramels, pommes (apples), andouilles de Vire (pig intestines), and cream… but if you’re from the United States of America, when you hear “Normandy,” you think primarily one thing…

D-Day.

When I heard that Elodie’s family lives in the small town of Betteville-sur-Laize in Normandy, I knew I had to visit the infamous beaches where so many laid down their lives.

What struck me the most was how peaceful the cliff side of Omaha beach was where over 9,000 crosses and Jewish stars stake the grounds. The entire atmosphere was saturated in overflowing peace, yet it was a different story June 6, 1944.


On this day, troops from the US, British, and Canadian armies disembarked their ships before dawn to the onslaught of Nazi fire.  The majority of casualties was on Omaha beach where Nazi troops had set up bunkers prepared to take out their enemies.









As I walked beside the graves, along the ocean, through the exhibit, and into the Nazi bunkers, I couldn’t help but to be moved to tears.  The contrast between what “was” and what “is” as I stood on the very same ground where men had died stirred deep within my spirit.  Unfortunately, I don’t think we remember nor recognize nearly enough the men and women who sacrificed everything for the freedom of not just us, but the world.






The first Sunday upon my arrival, France held their equivalence to our primary presidential elections and I’ve got to tell you… I feel like I’m in the movie Groundhog’s Day. Marine Le Pen is not a favorite as she is wanting to close France’s borders to refugees in the face of surmounting terrorist threats and desires to remove the nation from the European union, while the other candidate, Emmanuel Macron, has no real political experience or agenda.

The country is divided and many Christians are questioning whether they should even vote as neither candidate supports their views… again, sound familiar? Seriously, “Deja-vu.”

I believe France is in a “such a time as this” season where God is stirring hearts and calling His strayed sheep back to Himself. The message of God’s coming revival and holy fire is still burning in my bones and I sense this is just as much for France as it is for everywhere else.






As I stepped down into the hollow and desolate Nazi bunkers on the Omaha beach cliffs, I sensed the Holy Spirit stir within me His desire to once again liberate France from death’s grip of darkness and despair as I heard these words...

“As I delivered France from the control of the Nazi regime, I will once again deliver this nation of France for My Kingdom and Glory. I did it before, and I will do it again.”



As I pondered what I just heard in the Spirit, I began to reflect on what God says in His Word.

“But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual. The first man was from the earth, a man of dust; the second man is from heaven. As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven.”                               1 Corinthians 15:46-49

Let me highlight that once more…

“But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural,… and then the spiritual.”

France was liberated from Nazi power in the natural first… and now comes the spiritual liberation!




Of all places to receive this word… God spoke these words to me in the enemy bunkers.  The place where the Nazi soldiers laid in wait, rested, and ate before they showered bullets on their arriving foe.  I had been standing inside the enemy’s stronghold when God declared this word to my spirit…  Yet, this shouldn’t surprise me for Psalm 23:5 says,
“You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.” 

The final French presidential election, which will determine the future of this nation, is being held this Sunday, May 7th.  God has already declared that He is going to liberate France from the powerful spiritual strongholds of darkness, but we must join our brothers and sisters here in agreement for repentance, revival, and an awakening to make room for the Holy Spirit to blow and burn deeply in the hearts of His children.

One thing the Lord continues to reveal to me on this trip is that He is not dead, nor has He abandoned any nation. I so often recognize myself in the prophet Elijah when he runs away in fear from Jezebel…
“ ‘I have been very jealous for the LORD, the God of hosts.  For the people of Israel have forsaken Your covenant, thrown down Your altars, and killed Your prophets with the sword, and I, even I only, am left, and they seek my life, to take it away.’ 
 “And the Lord said to him, ‘Go, return on your way to the wilderness of Damascus. And when you arrive, you shall anoint Hazael to be king over Syria. And Jehu the son of Nimshi you shall anoint to be king over Israel, and Elisha the son of Shaphat of Abel-meholah you shall anoint to be prophet in your place. And the one who escapes the sword of Hazael shall Jehu put to death, and the one who escapes from the sword of Jehu shall Elisha but to death.  Yet I will leave seven thousand in Israel, all the knees that have not bowed to Baal, and every mouth that has not kissed him.'”
1 Kings 19:14-18 

I had heard from many that Europe, in general, is spiritually cold. I came over thinking that I would be entering into heavy oppression and darkness, but the Lord has revealed to me how He has left “seven thousand in Israel”

Numbers are significant in the Bible and the number 7,000 could be interpreted to mean spiritual wholeness or perfection of humanity, having obtained completeness.  Essentially, God knows what He is doing. He has dispersed pockets of His people around the world and there is always hope, always someone praying, always a people who have not bowed their knees to nor kissed the prince of this world, and always an ember ready to ignite into holy flames!

In both France and England, I have laid witness to this. It is with expectant joy that I share that we have brothers and sisters who are contending for revival here in France and England, a people crying out for God’s manifest presence to come and move in power! Hallelujah!

Jesus is coming for His bride and He wants Her in Her completeness. She isn’t ready yet, but soon… very soon!

Please pray and lift intercession in union with our brothers and sisters in France tomorrow and in the days ahead. The nation’s future depends on the prayers of the righteous… and we know that these prayers have great power as they are working! (James 5:16)

First comes the natural then the spiritual.  Wait for it… It will surely come!

“Your dead shall live; their bodies shall rise.
You who dwell in the dust, awake and sing for joy!
For your dew is a dew of light,
And the earth will give birth to the dead.”

Isaiah 26:19




No comments:

Post a Comment