Sunday, February 8, 2015

Far More Abundantly

The months before I moved to the Dominican Republic, I joined a group of women at my church in studying Henry Blackaby's book Experiencing God.  No doubt, God purposefully placed me among these women and in this study to prepare me for what lied ahead.

Instead of the self-centered petition "Lord, what is Your will for my life?" I so often had prayed, I learned to focus my attention on the Lord and what He was already doing around me, praying, rather, "Lord, how can I come alongside You, with the passions and gifts You've placed within me, to fulfill Your purposes and will in this earth." 

God had to bring me to a place of understanding that He wasn't calling me out on my own to work in my own strength...an incredibly necessary truth for any follower of Christ.  Rather, He was already at work, and it was an honor and privilege to join Him however and in whatever capacity He had purposed, "for we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them" (Ephesians 2:10).

It was also through this study that God placed Ephesians 3:20 deep within my spirit.  God had already promised me that same year that nothing is impossible with Him (Matthew 19:26).  Then, as is His character, God planted the seed of expectant hope that He is "able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us" (Ephesians 3:20).

I'm certain I've blogged about this before, so forgive me if I sound like a broken record, but this verse and promise has been my lifeline in times of darkness and trials, and I firmly believe that it is by God's grace through my faith in the immeasurable greatness of His power toward those who believe (Ephesians 1:19) that has moved the hand of God in unimaginable ways in my life.

Need proof?

As you may know, God led me to read The Princess and the Kiss by Jennie Bishop to the girls last fall.  This book was given to me as a Christmas present the year before by a dear friend who had met the author several years before.  My friend explained that this particular story was brought to remembrance when she prayed for me and the ministry God had given me.  I didn't even know a storybook about guarding God's gift of purity in a young girl's heart even existed!




Before I headed back to the states this past December, friends had read my blog and encouraged me to contact Jennie Bishop to inform her of how her book is being used in the DR.  I confess, I thought, "Sure, that sounds great, but how am I supposed to do that?"

Then, out of nowhere, one of the missionaries from my church here informed me that she believed Jennie Bishop attends her home church in Daytona, FL.  It couldn't be... Really? Sure enough, it was the same Jennie Bishop who had written this beloved story!




I wrote a Facebook message to Jennie and placed it in God's hands.  When she wrote back, suggesting we grab coffee while I was home, I knew this had God written all over it.

Before I left, the girls wrote a thank-you card to Jennie for writing the book and invited her to visit with a personal video message.




The first week in January, I drove just over an hour to meet up with Jennie at a Panera... our closeness in proximity amazed me, as well!  Who knew Jennie lived just miles from my parents' house in Florida?

We shared our hearts in ministries, where God has taken us, what God has done in us and spoken to us regarding what is to come.  I think it's safe to say that we were both mutually encouraged by the testimony God has worked in and through our lives.  I assured her the girls would be elated upon learning I actually met THE author of this story that has stirred up a royal significance and call to purity in their hearts.  Jennie humbly replied that it was God who placed the story in her heart to share with her own daughters several years ago... little did she know that this book would find its place in homes all over the world.

Jennie has generously offered to donate a book to each one of my princesas!  Claiming Ephesians 3:20, I even began praying that she'd be able to personally deliver each book to the girls herself.  The invitation has been extended and God alone knows where this exciting journey will lead us both.



Jennie Bishop, author and founder of PurityWorks ministries (www.purityworks.org)


If that doesn't shine light on God as being able to do far more abundantly than all we can ask or imagine according to the power, chiefly Jesus, at work within us, I don't know what would!  This is beyond anything I ever dreamed could happen.  I strongly believe it is because of my faith in Jesus and His immeasurable greatness that God has been given room to display His power.

Can you imagine what could happen if we allowed faith to arise and be stirred in our lives? If we stopped doubting who He is and of what He's capable and start believing in every promise found in His word?

I can just see God's response to this divine appointment... "You think that's big? Daughter, I'm just getting started..."

As I pray, "Lord, what are YOU doing right now and how can I join you with the passions, desires, and giftings You've place in me?," I know there will always be a task before me, because God is always at work.

With everything within me, I believe God is raising up a generation of leaders, recklessly abandoned to pursuing His heart in purity.  Right here and right now.  This purity is so much more than sexual purity or "waiting till marriage."  This purity begins in the heart.  It begins with Jesus.  And it remains with Jesus forever.

By God's abundant grace and mercy, I get to join Him where He's already at work.  As I was seeking a word from God recently concerning the days ahead, I was led to Isaiah 30:23...

"And He will give rain to the seed with which you sow the ground, and bread, the produce of the ground, which will be rich and plenteous."

Without God, we can do nothing.  With God, NOTHING is impossible.  Please join me in praying that the seeds which are sown fall on fertile soil... and for God to send laborers for the harvest (Luke 10:2)!  He has promised to give rain to this seed, which will be rich and plenteous!  I'm claiming this word in prayer for the princesses, princes, and families in the village and I encourage you to do so, as well!



As I often remind you, your prayers of faith are more powerful than you can imagine.  In James 5:16 we are told that the prayer of a righteous person availeth much...  And yes,YOU are the very righteousness of God because of Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:21)!

So let's pray in agreement for His kingdom come and His will be done in these children's lives and the lives of their families on earth as it is in heaven.




No comments:

Post a Comment