Thursday, June 12, 2014

Walking in His Faithfulness


"...Your steadfast love is before my eyes, 
and I walk in Your faithfulness." 
Psalm 26:3 

What David sang to the Lord in Psalm 26 has captured my attention in this single verse... 

That is just what I'm doing...  I'm walking in The Lord's faithfulness.  Not in my own faithfulness but in His faithfulness alone.

First, God has planted me in a house much grander than I could have hoped for, answering prayers and desires of my heart for a home surrounded by rest.

Sound too good to be true?  God's faithfulness gets better...

Before I moved in, I had suspicions that some form of prostitution had been occurring on my floor from what I had observed the first time I viewed the house. Unfortunately, this is not uncommon here, so I had been praying that God would cleanse out the space before I came and make His dwelling place there.

When I moved in, I discovered some things that weren't quite as they originally appeared.  The mattress, for example... it wasn't until a week of sleeping on it that I realized something wasn't right.  I had been noticing my sheets gradually getting damper, more stained, and developing an odor that definitely didn't smell of "life." 

Through a series of now quite humorous events, the mattress eventually was turned over... where a ginormous stain was discovered, and the dampness of said stain had begun to seep through the top of the mattress!  I promised my neighbor and stand-in landlord that I don't make a habit of wetting the bed...  




Thanks to whoever did wet the bed, I now have a brand new mattress that has never been defiled. One that fits my 6'0" frame.

If we really want to examine God's faithfulness in this, I had actually been praying for a mattress since January of this year.  The little twin bed in my previous place had busted springs that were causing discomfort, to say the least.  The Lord answered my prayers at the time through the lending of my friends' twin mattress until I decided on what to do... then God had me move a few months later.  I was so excited to be moving into a furnished place with a bigger bed.

A new mattress may seem like such an insignificant detail, but to me, God is showing me how steadfast His love is towards me in answering such a basic prayer.

I'm not only walking, but I'm now resting in His faithfulness.

Another example? As an act of gratitude towards a friend of mine for helping fill my propane tank for my oven, I promised to make him my homemade bread.  After 2 hours of preparing the dough, I went to turn on the oven and nothing.  You can imagine my frustration. The stove burners were working fine, but it turned out the oven was broken.

Well, now I have a new oven that fits all THREE loaves of bread at once and works!




Now I'm baking in His faithfulness.

Ready for more?  Remember how I had been walking and taking motos and public transportation? Well, not anymore! 

I'm now driving in His faithfulness.

Just as I had made a list for a home, I wrote a list of things I was asking for in a car...
  • Parts in country
  • 4 wheel jeep
  • Good gas mileage
  • Under $8000
  • Blue

Mind you, I wrote both lists back in March and it was the end of May when I found it... I remember asking God to help me because, let's face it, I have never bought a car on my own nor do I feel like I could negotiate deals as a woman in this Spanish machismo culture. I asked God to move in the owner's heart to give me a decent price and that they would sell the car in good condition. It may seem silly to ask for a color... I thought it was at first, too... call me crazy, but God asked me what color I would like, so I chose blue.

I had gone car shopping in Puerto Plata and Santiago two weeks ago and didn't feel like I had found "the one" yet.  Then I got a call about seeing a couple vehicles at the local mechanic's shop on that Saturday morning.  When I prayed the Friday night before, I had this feeling that my car was there.  I laid out the fleece and said, "Ok God, if there's a blue Jeep, I'll know it's You..."  

Sure enough! My heart jumped with joy as a smile spread across my face! 

Take a look for yourself and you tell me if it doesn't look like God set this one aside from the beginning...



















It's not just a 2002, 4x4 JEEP Liberty, but it matches all the above requests... Liberty never felt so good!

Through the faithfulness of my monthly supporters and one-time donations through last year, I had enough funds set aside to cover this blessing, for which I must say, "Thank you!"

I could go on and on about God's faithfulness.  There would be too many testimonies to write.  

I don't share these things to boast in myself or in any good that I have done... far from it.  I'm sharing these answers to prayers to boast in the LORD.  He is my Provider, my Protector, my strong Deliverer.

There is no god like my God. 

There is no doubt in my mind that He is establishing me here for a purpose much greater than myself.  The God of all grace, who has called me to His eternal glory in Christ, is restoring me, confirming me, strengthening me, and establishing me in a very real way as hope arises all around me (1 Peter 5:10).  

So in the waiting, as God is preparing hearts to receive His Son, I'm prayerfully preparing myself for the task He's placed before me...

I love walking in His faithfulness.




No comments:

Post a Comment